Building Services Group Latest News
Regular news articles on our projects, industry laws,regulations and facts.
Syntegra Group News
Interesting building news.
- Innovation fund to fuel red diesel alternatives in construction industry 27th January 2023A fund has been created by the UK Government to boost innovation in technology to curb reliance on polluting red diesel in the construction industry. Red diesel is often used for off-road, heavy-duty vehicles such as bulldozers, forklifts and cranes. It is also often used to power machinery in industrial settings and accounts for around […]
- More businesses setting ambitious decarbonisation targets 13th January 2023Increasing numbers of businesses are setting ambitious decarbonisation targets in a bid to achieve net-zero by the middle of the century, according to a new study. According to Climate Action 100+, there has been a 17% year-on-year increase in the number of large businesses setting such targets. The report found a variety of methods used by […]
- Call for extra energy efficiency measures in homes 12th January 2023The UK Government has been urged to increase incentives for the creation of energy efficient homes over the next decade. The influential Aldersgate Group of businesses is urging the UK Government to provide clearer information on subsidies in a new report, ‘Warming Britain Affordably’. The buildings and industry has been set a target to reduce […]
- Toddler death shows need for good indoor ventilation 29th November 2022The death of a two-year-old boy from the effects of living in a flat with extensive mould should be “a defining moment for the housing sector” and highlights the importance of proper ventilation in buildings to improve indoor air quality. Inappropriate levels of ventilation and subsequent growth of fungus and spores can lead to significant […]
- Built environment taskforce created to devise energy procurement guidance 18th November 2022A team of cross-industry experts has been created to help devise guidance for the built environment on renewable energy procurement. The UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) has pulled together the team to help draft documents for businesses of all sizes in the sector as part of its commitment to tackling climate change. Decarbonising the UK’s […]
- Call for tighter policies to support sustainable built environment 17th November 2022The UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) has called on government to strengthen policies that will support a resilient built environment to mitigate the threats posed by climate change. Philip Box, Policy Advisor at UKGBC, said the heatwaves and droughts this summer caused widespread harm across the UK, from severe disruptions to transport services, and increased […]
- G20 nations failing to retrofit buildings to reach net-zero targets 31st October 2022G20 nations are failing to retrofit the built environment with energy and carbon saving measures at an appropriate pace to meet the Paris Agreement net zero targets. That is the key finding from the Global Retrofit Index which assesses the progress G20 countries are making to reduce emissions from existing buildings. With 80% of the […]
- Billions lost in missed solar savings opportunities 31st October 2022UK businesses are missing out on as much as £12 billion in annual energy savings by failing to have facilities assessed to see if solar panels could be installed on rooftops, a new study has revealed. Analysis by solar data providers PowerMarket in their Solar Feasibility study examined the 30 largest science parks in the […]
- Report shows construction industry can improve sustainability record 7th October 2022The built environment needs to do more to improve its sustainability credentials, particularly in relation to reducing carbon emissions, according to a new report. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Sustainability Report 2022 said that while progress had been made in certain areas, ‘the rate of advancement needs to accelerate significantly and become more widespread’. […]
- UK Government releases £1.5bn of funding for energy-efficient homes 3rd October 2022The UK Government has announced a £1.5bn fund for local authorities and social housing providers to improve energy efficiency in 130,000 properties. The funding is being made available through two existing ‘Help to Heat’ schemes – the Home Upgrade Grant (HUG) and the Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund. HUG is receiving up to £700m and the remaining […]